Monday, January 21, 2013

Conncet 2 happiness day 12

SLEEP FOR SUCCESS

Sleep is vital for our overall wellbeing. The National Sleep Foundation recommends seven to nine hours of sleep a night, but many people only sleep six hours. Sleep deprivation has been linked to depression and attention deficit disorder. In order to prepare your body for a good night's sleep, it's important to prepare your mind before bed.

Plan to turn off the TV and shut down the computer at least half an hour before you go to bed tonight. Quiet your mind and prepare your body for rest. Learn about how to promote restful sleep in this video about insomnia from the Mayo Clinic, on GaiamTV.com.


DAILY QUOTE

“The bridge between despair and hope is a good night's sleep.”

— E. Cossman


Sometime sleep is not a problem for me others it is. I must sy I have a nightlight in my room that also has sounds on it. My fsavorite sound is the ocean - most of the time it puts me right to sleep. I am one of those who has a tv & dvd player in my room. I will not give that up. Because my stitching chair is in my room also. Stitching does bring me peace too. here lately I have been turning my TV onto some of the music channels & just listening to music instead of watching tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment