Stitching the Night away is doing this new blog hop
go to Stichingthenightaway.com for more details & to join us.
Blog Hop Blogging Prompt:
Have you ever had a case of the “stitching blahs” where you just didn’t want to stitch? Or maybe it was more like you didn’t get to stitch because you were busy and that created a chain reaction sense of the “blahs” and led to even less stitching…. sort of like a case of “the Mondays” that we are all familiar with. How do you handle your stitching blahs and get back into stitching mode?
I have had the stitching blahs more than once. lol sometimes I put my stitching down for months at a time. Sometimes less. If I am working on a BAP, & get tired of it I try to get some smaller stitching done, ornamnets etc so I have a few finishes. sometimes I go back to the BAP & sometimes those BAP turn into UFO's I do have quite a few of those lurking around. I do sew, quilt as well. I also paint, so sometimes when I don't feel like stitching I will go & paint. Sometimes the summer is when my stitching does suffer some, because I do so love being out in the yard, garden. but this year seems to be like last year - not much doing outside yet. Sometimes it is just sitting doing a few stitches then to me it get addicting again, so back off & running I go.
Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.
Hello
ReplyDeleteJust seen your blog on Meari's post about the stitching blahs.
I now what you mean about doing other things like the garden and painting sometimes you don't feel like stitching!
I don't suffer too much myself - only if I have to unpick!
Milly
ReplyDeleteI agree as long as I don't have to rip it, I am good, & if I have to rip to much out , I usually put it down for a little while too.
I can totally understand about the summer! I love to spend time outside when the weather is good too and that puts everything else on the back burner!
ReplyDeleteStitching smaller projects like ornaments usually helps me get back into the swing of things when I've had a particularly long case of the blahs!
ReplyDeleteI do the smalls during BAPs too! It's a great idea.
ReplyDeleteFaith as long as it isn't windy outside, I will take a small project outside to stitch. I can't work outside just yet(still recovering from hystercomy) so my boys are haveing to cut grass & trim shrubs etc. I do miss it.
ReplyDeleteLoretta & Handmad redhead That's why I keep so many little projects around LOL