well here it is hump day again. I did not get much stitching in last night.
however I now have 'I didn't say it was your fault' done so I am 1/2 way there. I am hoping to finish it this week... pending no breakdowns
It has been a little over 24 hours now. since I have a cigarette. I am trying to quit, but it is hard. David is being very supportive of this(he is not a smoker)- but has been down this road with me before so he knows how hard it is.
I am taking my meds & going to the ymca to work out(helps take the edge off)
If I am going to the YMCA to get into shape & lose weight. I need to quit smoking to make it easier on myself, don't I?
will update more later on stitching & life
Rhonda - Good luck in quitting smoking. I will kep you in my thoughts and prayers. I have never smoked but I can imagine how hard it must be.
ReplyDeleteThanks Iris
ReplyDeleteI need all the help I can get
Oh my gosh, Rhonda.. Keep up the good work! I've been through it, and no, I won't pretend it was easy!.. But you CAN do it! I quit smoking in April 2008. Smoking is a horrible head game, and I will NEVER light up even one more cigarette EVER!.. I'm too AFRAID too!
ReplyDeleteI don't mean to write you a book, but here's what little advice I can offer... I treated quitting like having an illness. When first quitting, you are NOT well, in fact, and you ARE fighting off something terrible!.. So, as you recover, I suggest you drink LOTS of fluids (no caffiene), then rest, even sleep this addiction off as much as you can. When I was up and about, I kept as busy as I possibly could, but when I slowed down again, I drank more fluids, and climbed right back onto the couch or into bed! Don't worry about what's going on around you, or what you think you're missing.. You have to take care of YOU first! For me, I think this went on for maybe a week, at the most. In time, day by day, things WILL ease up, and your nerves will calm down!
This is what worked for me, but everyone's different, so I just wish you the very best, and am cheering for you, here on the sidelines! Don't get discouraged, and think positive.. You CAN do this!! ((hugs)) ~tina
Tina
ReplyDeletethanks so much for the encouragement. It really means alot. I smoked 2 yesterday.. just missing my son who is off to leadership training. nerves have me torn up. better to quit now. I am in the process of cleaning my entire house while he is gone. to keep me busy
Rhonda
Rhonda.. My house NEVER looked so good, as during the time I was quitting smoking!!! LOL! Keep up the good work! ((hugs)) ~tina
ReplyDelete